The Lodi Public Library will literally be aglow Feb. 3.
For Take Your Child to the Library day, the library is hosting a Glow-in-the-dark Party all morning.
Co-director and Youth Services Librarian Kristine Milliard said they first tried a similar party in the afterschool club.
“I thought it was a fun idea, and the kids certainly enjoyed it,” Milliard said.
The library is partnering with the Friends of the Lodi Public Library, as well as Carla Wiessing from Okee Yogi and Lodi High School’s National Honor Society volunteers.
The day’s activities include:
• Until noon, glow-in-the-dark crafts for all ages
• 9 a.m. stories in the dark with flashlights and glowing stories
• 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. glow-in-the-dark yoga
• 11:15 a.m. dance party for ages 8 and under
• 12 p.m. paper circuits activity with L.E.D. lights for ages 9 and up
• 12:30 p.m. dance party for ages 9 and up
Fear not for your eyes: the glowing activities will take place in the blackout curtain-darkened program room, with crafts across the hall. The main library will remain as well-lit as always.
For more information visit www.lodipubliclibrary.org.