The Milton Board of Education on Thursday afternoon released the names of six finalists who will be interviewed for a chance to become the next school district administrator.
The candidates are:
- David Anderson, district administrator of the Chequamegon School District.
- Randy Bartels, director of curriculum and instruction for the School District of Milton.
- Jeffrey Jacobson, principal of Platteville High School.
- Todd Kleinhans, district administrator of the Lakeland Union High School District.
- Dean Sanders, district administrator of the Lake Mills Area School District.
- Timothy Schigur, principal of Milton Middle School.
The board of education met in closed session on Tuesday night to narrow the 20 candidates who applied for the position down to eight – six as finalists and two as alternate finalists. Milton Board of Education President Rob Roy said earlier this week the alternates could become finalists if any of the original finalists decided they no longer wanted to be considered for the position.
The candidates identified on Thursday agreed to be interviewed and to have their names released to the public, according to the Wisconsin Association of School Boards, which was hired by the Milton Board of Education to assist in the search for a new district administrator.
The six candidates will be interviewed on April 20 by teams consisting of community members, school administrators, teachers and school board members, Roy said. The groups will narrow the number of finalists to two, who will be brought back to be interviewed again by the board of education.
The board of education would then begin to negotiate a contract with their top pick for district administrator.
Check back at www.miltoncourieronline.com or read the April 18 Milton Courier for more details about this story.