A gem located on Lake Michigan, the Manitowoc and Two Rivers area is a place where visitors can explore the U.S.S. Cobia World War II submarine, tour Rogers Street Fishing Village, watch a show at the Capitol Civic Centre and ferry across Lake Michigan on the S.S. Badger. There are also 20 miles of spectacular Lake Michigan shoreline to take advantage of.
Our crew spent some time in both Manitowoc and Two Rivers over the past year to film a recent episode of Discover Wisconsin and we couldn’t stop raving about the neat mix of attractions and recreational opportunities in the area, which ranged from submarines to art museums.
But of all the wonderful destinations we stumbled across, here are a few of our favorite places and things to do in Manitowoc and Two Rivers:
1. Bike, hike or inline skate the Mariners Trail.
2. Have some fun in the sun at Neshotah Beach.
3. Marvel at the colors during Kites Over Lake Michigan in late summer.
4. Stroll through the historic Rogers Street Fishing Village.
5. Enjoy a live performance at the Capitol Civic Centre.
6. Observe the works of Picasso (and more!) at the Rahr-West Art Museum.
7. Watch the alien drop at Sputnikfest.
8. Make your own print at Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum.
9. Experience a charter fishing trip on Lake Michigan.
10. Spend the night on the historic U.S.S. Cobia.
11. Cross Lake Michigan on the S.S. Badger.
With endless amounts of fun, learning and exploring to do no matter the season, I think you’ll find it easy to “coast for a while” in Manitowoc and Two Rivers.
And don’t forget: Share your own favorite Manitowoc County destinations with me on Facebook or Twitter!
Mariah Haberman is the host of Discover Wisconsin, the nation’s longest-running travel TV show. Discover Wisconsin airs Saturday at 10 a.m. on Fox Sports Wisconsin. Share your story ideas with her on Twitter: @MariahHaberman