Local residents will have their annual chance to taste all things Sun Prairie during Taste of Sun Prairie on Saturday, July 26.
More than a dozen area restaurants will sell samples of their best dishes from noon until 7 p.m. at Cannery Square Plaza in downtown Sun Prairie. The following restaurants will be featured:
• Atlantis Taverna: mini Gyros, spinach pie, hummus and pitas
• Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream: ice cream and root beer floats
• Country Kettle Corn: kettle popcorn
• Daly’s Bar and Grill: pulled pork BBQ sandwich, bacon cheddar cream cheese jalapeno poppers, pork taco
• Day One Pizza: pizza and soda
• Eddies Alehouse and Eatery: sliders
• Glass Nickel Pizza: pizza and soda
• House of Mei: chicken fried rice, deep fried chicken, traditional Chinese fare
• Market Street Diner: BBQ pork, chicken salad wrap, beer brats and onions, hot dogs, chips, cookies, pie, soda and water
• Nitty Gritty: hamburger, cheeseburgers, pub chips, soda
• Plate and Barrel: gourmet meatloaf slider, bacon wrapped dates, peppadew peppers
• Sassy Cow: ice cream and milk
• Varsity Bar and Grill: sliders, chips, soda
• Watertower Chop House: ribs
Five vendors will be on hand to sell items, including Miche Bags, Thirty One, The Piano Gal Shop, Frontier and Scentsy.
Three bands will entertain the audience throughout the day, including Soggy Prairie Boys from noon until 2 p.m., Down From the Hills from 2:45-4:45 p.m., and Narley Barley Boys from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Kicks Unlimited will conduct a demonstration from 2-2:30 p.m. after the first musical performance, and Infinity Martial Arts will provide a demonstration from 4:45-5:15 p.m.
Children’s entertainment will be available during the festival, including two bouncy houses, mascots, Stuff the Bus, fire trucks, face painting and a clown.
Proceeds from the event support a number of organizations and causes, including Relay for Life, Adopt-A-Highway, Easter egg hunt, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, bicycle rodeo, eyeglass collection, Stuff the Bus, Wisconsin Lions Eye Bank, college scholarships, Youth Exchange, large print material for the public library, preschool vision screening and Sunshine Place. The largest donation from the event goes to Firemen’s Park in the Prairie.
Key sponsors for Taste of Sun Prairie include the Sun Prairie Lions Club, Business Improvement District, Bank of Sun Prairie, and Hebl, Hebl and Ripp.