As part of state and national efforts to help keep roadways safe for all travelers, Sun Prairie Police officers made 4 operating while under the influence of intoxicants (OWI) arrests during the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign between Dec. 13, 2019 and Jan, 1, 2020.
While the focus of the initiative was to deter impaired driving, officers also issued citations and made arrests during traffic stops for the following:
• Seven speeding violations;
• 20 operating after revocation or suspension violations;
• Six traffic sign or traffic light violations;
• 11 vehicle equipment/registration violations; and
• 15 other traffic violations.
"The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign lasted about two weeks," said SPPD Sgt. Jason Lefeber, "but our officers work throughout the year to help make our roadways and communities as safe as possible for everyone."