Four Sun Prairie restaurants will participate in Dine Out For DAIS, a benefit for Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS), on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.
Participating Sun Prairie restaurants, their hours of participation and locations include:
• Buck & Honey’s (11 a.m.-10 p.m.) – 804 Liberty Blvd.
• Daly’s Bar & Grill (11 a.m.- 12 a.m.) – 1086 Emerald Terrace.
• Eddie’s Ale House & Eatery (11 a.m.- 9 p.m.) – 238 E. Main St.
• Nitty Gritty – Sun Prairie (11 a.m.-10 p.m.) – 315 E. Linnerud Dr.
All of the proceeds from this event goes directly to DAIS programs and services.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, one in four women and one in seven men will be a victim to severe physical violence at the hands of an intimate partner in his or her lifetime.
“As the number of people seeking DAIS services continues to grow year after year, the need for community support of those services is as present as ever. Domestic Violence Awareness Month – or DVAM – is a great way to engage the public in the work DAIS is doing every day,” said Shannon Barry, Executive Director of DAIS, referring to October as DVAM. “Events in October and throughout the year are absolutely crucial to supporting the clients we serve.”
Other October events include:
October 11 – Community Talkback: The Future of DAIS Services. Join experts Monique Minkens, DAIS Director of Residental Services; Lilada Gee, founder of Lilada’s Living Room; and Sagashus Levingston, founder of Infamous Mothers at DAIS as they discuss the future of DAIS services.
This event is sponsored by UW Health, UnityPoint Health — Meriter & Quartz and is free and open to the public. RSVP at www.abuseintervention.org/about/events/
• October 13 – Police and Fire Charity Ball. International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Local 311 Charities and the Madison Professional Police Officers Association are hosting their Third Annual Charity Ball to benefit DAIS at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. Tickets are on sale at www.policeandfirecharityball.com
• October 18 – Dress for DAIS Fashion Show. The 8th Annual Dress for DAIS Fashion Show is the perfect night out where boutiques and salons showcase latest fall fashions while supporting survivors of domestic violence.
The event will take place in the Overture Center Lobby on Oct. 18. Purchase tickets through Oct. 16 at www.abuseintervention.org/fashion-show/.
Since 1977, DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services) has worked passionately and effectively to ensure the safety and well-being of domestic violence survivors and their families, and to change societal attitudes that perpetuate violence and the abuse of power.
For more information on how to become involved, or if you or a loved one are in need of support visit www.abuseintervention.org or call 608-215-4445.