• Whimsical Bookworms discuss Anne of Green Gables via Zoom – Thursday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m. – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom invitation
• Qigong Class with Nancy Osley – Tuesday, May 26 at 9:30 a.m. – video on Facebook
• Build It Club with Ms. Emily – Tuesday, May 19 at 4 p.m. – Contact email@example.com to receive a Zoom invitation.
• Teen Games – Tuesday, May 26 at 3:30 p.m. via Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom invitation
• Children’s Tiny Tot Time – Wednesday, May 27 at 10 a.m. – Facebook live
• Memoir Writers Group – Thursday, May 28 via email – Contact email@example.com
• Dewey Stitchers Knit/Crochet/Fiber Arts Group via Zoom – Thursday, May 28 via Zoom – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom invitation
• 2020 Summer Reading Program: Imagine Your Story has begun! Reading fun and prizes for all ages. See our website for information on how to join.
• Escape from the Library — Virtual Escape Room – Rumor has it that Brian the Mischievous Elf got himself locked in the DeForest Area Public Library. See if you can help him find his way out when you try our first virtual escape room. Visit our website anytime for a link to take you on this adventure.
• Curbside pickup is now available. Only DeForest Library materials are available for check out at this time. Use LINKcat to place your holds when possible or contact library staff during business hours if you need additional assistance. You will be notified when your holds are available, at which time you can schedule your curbside or electronic locker pickup. Curbside pickup hours are 9:30 am to 5:15 pm, Monday through Saturday.
• Due dates: Due dates for all materials checked out before April 24 have been extended to June 1.
• Apply for a DAPL library card through a link on our webpage.
• Request a grab bag of fresh reading and viewing materials. Find a grab bag request form on our website, which includes your preferred format, theme, and pickup day and time,
• In accordance with best practices for handling library materials, we are quarantining returned items for a minimum of 72 hours to reduce the risk of passing along COVID-19 and other viruses. Patrons are encouraged to help stop the spread by washing hands before and after using public library materials and perhaps even sanitizing the materials before use.
• DeForest Library materials may be returned at any time using the outdoor book drops.
• Visit our website, www.deforestlibrary.org for information.