Upcoming meetings will look at fire/EMS options for the city of Milton and towns of Milton, Harmony, Johnstown and Lima. Starting in 2022, the Janesville Fire Department will no longer provide shared administrative services to the Milton and Milton Township Fire Department. Next year is considered a transition year but what should municipalities covered by the Milton and Milton Township Fire Department transition to? Should municipalities join the Edgerton Fire Protection District or completely consolidate with the Janesville Fire Department or ?
Information and recordings from previously held meetings:
- City of Milton, Wisconsin, July 6 City Council meeting – Available on YouTube.
- Wisconsin Policy Forum report, “At a Crossroads: Options for Fire and Emergency Medical Services in the City of Milton” – Available at Milton-wi.gov.
- Edgerton Fire Protection District cost presentation from July 7 multi-town meeting – Available on townofmiltonrc.com.
- Town of Milton public information session (includes information on town hall facilities) – 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 12, and Monday, July 26, at Milton Town Hall, 23 First St.
- Town of Harmony town board meeting – 7 p.m. Monday, July 12, at Harmony Town Hall, 440 N US Highway 14, Janesville.
- Milton Joint Fire Commission meeting – 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, Milton City Hall, 710 S. Janesville St.
- Special City of Milton council meeting (includes presentation by Edgerton fire chief) – 6 p.m. Thursday, July 15, at Milton City Hall, 710 S. Janesville St.
- Town of Johnstown town board meeting – 6 p.m. Monday, July 19, at Johnstown Town Hall, 9937 East County Trunk A, Janesville.
- Town of Lima special meeting of the electors – 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 19, at Lima Town Hall, 11053 Willow Drive, Whitewater. A regular board meeting will be held 7 p.m. at the Lima Town Hall.
- Multi-town meeting (Milton, Harmony, Lima, Johnstown) – 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, Harmony Town Hall, 440 N US Highway 14, Janesville.