The US Army Corps of Engineers on Tuesday, May 26, toured four areas around Clear and Grass lakes where town of Milton residents have been battling flooding for over a year.
After learning from residents about property damage and their concerns about safety, State Rep. Don Vruwink said he and Town of Milton Board Chairman Bryan Meyer asked the engineers to visit the area to help determine causes of flooding and develop solutions for water management.
A barricade is in place along Clear Lake Road where water from Grass Lake has flooded the roadway, Meyer said. Grass Lake has also begun overflowing its basin onto the shoulder of State Highway 59, Vruwink said.
Following are photos taken Friday, May 29, of flooded areas along Clear Lake Road.
- Crash kills Sun Prairie man, Madison woman
- Waunakee residents relate experiences with racism, exclusion
- Plans for a fast food restaurant are underway
- Final meal served at Village Café
- Developer breaks ground on Heritage Hills subdivision
- Sun Prairie businesses that survived explosion now face COVID-19 challenge
- School board approves 2021-22 calendar
- New City of Sun Prairie-SPASD employee clinic opens July 1
- Who's Milton’s Good Samaritan?
- Monona woman attacked with fluid, fire in downtown Madison