On Sunday, area families, in observance of Memorial Day weekend, brought flowers and visited with loved ones resting in Milton area cemeteries. The three cemeteries in Milton are: Milton Cemetery, North Janesville Street, founded in 1839; Milton Junction Cemetery, 41 N. John Paul Road, founded in 1849 under the name Rose Hill, and St Mary Cemetery, West High Street, founded in 1903, but some gravestones in the cemetery show epitaphs with dates as early as 1897, according to a history provided by St. Mary Church.
Following are photos of the cemeteries and holiday activities taken on Sunday, May 24.
- Crash kills Sun Prairie man, Madison woman
- Waunakee residents relate experiences with racism, exclusion
- Plans for a fast food restaurant are underway
- Final meal served at Village Café
- Developer breaks ground on Heritage Hills subdivision
- Sun Prairie businesses that survived explosion now face COVID-19 challenge
- School board approves 2021-22 calendar
- New City of Sun Prairie-SPASD employee clinic opens July 1
- Who's Milton’s Good Samaritan?
- Monona woman attacked with fluid, fire in downtown Madison