As part of state and national efforts to help keep roadways safe for all travelers, Sun Prairie Police officers made five OWI arrests during the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign between Dec. 17 and New Year’s Day -- Jan. 1, 2022.
While the focus of the initiative was to deter impaired driving, officers also issued citations and made arrests during traffic stops for the following:
• 14 speeding violations;
• 7 Signal/sign violations;
• 9 operating after revocation or suspension violations;
• 6 vehicle registration violations;
• 2 vehicle equipment violations; and
• 4 other traffic violations.
In addition, officers issued 92 written warnings for various traffic infractions.
"The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign lasted about two weeks, but our officers work throughout the year to help make our roadways and communities as safe as possible for everyone,” said Sun Prairie Police Sgt. Jason Lefeber.