We would like to acknowledge and thank the Sun Prairie Community for its generous donations for Poppies on Veterans Day, Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.
We especially wish to thank our business partners who allowed us to set up in their establishments for the day: Metro Market, Pick 'n Save and St. Vincent DePaul. We could not have done this without their participation.
We received more than $1,000 in donations -- a fantastic amount for a one-day event.
Our American Legion Auxiliary Unit uses 100% of Poppy proceeds to support area veterans and active duty deployed military including:
• The nine veteran’s homes and hospitals serving Wisconsin veterans;
• Badger Honor Flight;
• Homeless veterans shelter;
• Homeless women’s veterans shelter
• Camp American Legion for disabled and recovering veterans;
• Annual Father’s Day Dinner at King Veterans Home;
• Flowers for veterans in the Sun Prairie nursing homes at Christmas; and
• Wreaths for graves at the veterans cemetery in King, Wisconsin
We appreciate everyone for supporting us and look forward to working with everyone in the community on future activities.
for American Legion Auxiliary Unit 333